The Economic Crisis
- Published on March 2, 2013VIDEOOn Capitol Hill, there's still no deal in sight to avert the 85-billion-dollars' worth of cuts which will kick in later on Friday. It's known in Washington as the 'sequester' and would see significant reductions on military and domestic spending. But Republicans and Democrats just can't agree on what to do. President Obama says U.S. will get through the deep budget cuts if it has to, but admits the economy will get even worse. Economist Richard Wolff says the American people should prepare for the worst.
- Published on February 25, 2013AUDIOUpdates on profit-driven scandals (horsemeat in Europe and fish in US); how long we work, Correa's anti-austerity victory in Ecuador, and getting public benefits for public investm
- Published on February 13, 2013VIDEO
- Published on February 12, 2013AUDIOUpdates on big bank misdeeds, internet provider monopoly, and social effects of unemployment. Critical analysis of proposal to break up big banks, capitalism and the tomato industry, and expose of real goals of austerity policies.
- Parts I and IIPublished on February 11, 2013AUDIO
Interviews from Jan 21 and Feb 10, 2013
Parts I and !!